MOH News
COVID-19 Monitoring Committee: 4,476 Cases Recovered
04 May 2020

​On Monday morning, the COVID-19 Monitoring Committee held its 75th meeting. Chaired by the Minister of Health, Dr. Tawfik bin Fawzan Al-Rabiah, the meeting was attended by the committee members, who represent the relevant government agencies. During the meeting, all relevant COVID-19 updates and reports were reviewed. The committee has discussed the global epidemiological situation, as well as the cases reported locally and their health condition. All precautionary measures carried out at the points of entry into the Kingdom will continue in full, the Committee stressed, and will be further tightened. Meanwhile, the Committee commended the public’ compliance with the curfew, and called on them to stay home, and refrain from going outside unless necessary.


After the meeting, the Assistant Minister of Health and MOH spokesman, Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdulaali, mentioned that the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases worldwide has jumped to 3,523,121 cases, of which 1,130,996 cases have recovered to date. The COVID-19 death toll worldwide has mounted to 247,838 deaths.

Besides, 1,645 new confirmed cases were reported in the Kingdom, distributed as follows: 287 in Makkah, 261 in Dammam, 261 in Jeddah, 217 in Al-Jubail, 152 in Madinah, 133 in Hofuf, 131 in Riyadh, 53 in Bish, 26 in Khobar, 14 in Taif, 13 in Safwa, 9 in Yanbu, 9 in Al-Qunfudhah, 8 in Al-Nuairiya, 7 in Al-Qaryyat, 6 in in Al-Mijardah, 6 in Rabegh, 5 in Al-Zulfi, 5 in Al-Deriyah, 4 in Al-Jefr, 4 in Al-Dhahran, 4 in Tabuk, 4 in Araar, 4 in Al-Kharj, 3 in AL-Qatif, 3 in Buraidah, and one case in each of Khamis Mushait, Mahyel Asir, Abqaiq , Ras Tanura, Al-Rass, Unaizah, Khulais, Khaybar, Al-Eidabi, Darmaa, Sabya, Hafr Al-Batin, Hail, Najran, Tabarjal, and Hotat Bani Tamim.

This brings the total COVID-19 cases in the Kingdom to 28,656 cases, including 23,989 active cases, receiving the medical care they may be in need of. These include 143 critical cases, whereas the health condition of the rest is stable. Of the 1,645 cases reported today, 316 cases (19%) are Saudi, where the other 1,329 cases (81%) are non-Saudis (residents). About 13% of the cases (215) are females, and 87% (1,430) are males.

Only 3% of the reported cases are older persons, 4% are children, and 93% are adults. The number of new recoveries has amounted to 342, bringing the total recoveries to date to 4,476. And 7 new deaths were reported, bringing the total deaths to 191. All the new deaths are non-Saudi residents in Makkah and Jeddah, aged 39 - 87 years old.

“Anyone, who develops any of the following symptoms: high temperature, coughing, sore throat, or shortness of breath, must follow a number of important steps, starting with home insolation and contacting the Ministry of Health, via 937-Service Center, then testing for COVID-19 through the self-assessment service on ‘Mawid’ (Appointment) application,” Dr. Al-Abdulaali underscored. Furthermore, anyone, who experiences symptoms or wants an assessment, can use the self-assessment service on ‘Mawid’ (Appointment) application. Citizens who have questions can also inquire or seek advice by contacting the 937-Service center, which is available 24/7.






Content Evaluation
Reading times
Last Update 06 May 2020 10:25 AM
Do you find this content useful? Yes No Suggest
Satisfaction of visitorsA sign of happiness
Satisfaction of visitors Completely satisfied Satisfied Neutral Not Satisfied Completely dissatisfied
This site can be viewed on all screen tones and all smart devices and supports all kinds of browsers
All Rights Reserved – Ministry of Health – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ©