MOH News
31st Meeting of COVID-19 Follow-up Committee
21 March 2020

​​On Saturday afternoon, the COVID-19 Follow-up Committee held its 31st meeting. Chaired by the Minister of Health, Dr. Tawfik bin Fawzan Al-Rabiah, the meeting was attended by the committee members, who represent the relevant government sectors. During the meeting, all relevant COVID-19 updates and reports were reviewed. The committee discussed the epidemiological situation globally, as well as the cases reported locally. All the precautionary measures carried out at the points of entry into the Kingdom will continue in full, the committee stressed, and will be further enhanced.​

MOH spokesman, Dr. Muhammad al-Abdulaali, said that we have followed the press conference of the ministers of health and finance, during which they announced deliberate steps and plans to address the impact of the global pandemic and a set of interventions to help boosting health and economic measures and reducing the adverse impacts. He praised the strength and steadiness of the government's resolutions to protect society. 

All of us, individuals and families, have to cope with the instructions precisely in order to successfully contain such global pandemic and to protect ourselves and loved ones, he said. He mentioned that the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases worldwide has amounted to 275,000 cases, of which 88,000 cases have been cured to date. As for the COVID-19 death toll, it has jumped to 11,400.

So far, said al-Abdulaali, the Kingdom has reported 48 new cases bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 392, some of them got infected while traveling and 5 cases for health practitioners and administrators working for private health institutions in Riyadh. The rest of the cases got infected as a result of contact with previously confirmed cases while attending social events and family meetings. 

He called on everyone to stay at home to maintain their health and safety, noting that 8 cases have recovered bringing the total to 16 recoveries while the remaining cases are quarantined and in good health with the exception of two cases in ICU. They are all adults with an average age of 43 years, except 14 children. Two-third are Saudis and the rest non-Saudis. Also, the advanced laboratory examinations amounted to 22,000, with 392 confirmed cases. The 937 Service Center received more than 280,000 inquiries about COVID-19.

He advised everyone to abide by the following safety tips, avoiding handshakes, washing hands with soap and water frequently, avoiding gatherings and isolating arrivals from outside the Kingdom for 14 days, calling on them to use the COVID-19 symptoms self-assessment service via Mawid App. He stressed the importance of depending on the official sources for getting information, and not listening to rumors.  "Everyone who has coronavirus symptoms, or has an inquiry is welcomed to call our 937 Center, 24/7", he added.  






Content Evaluation
Reading times
Last Update 24 March 2020 01:17 PM
Do you find this content useful? Yes No Suggest
Satisfaction of visitorsA sign of happiness
Satisfaction of visitors Completely satisfied Satisfied Neutral Not Satisfied Completely dissatisfied
This site can be viewed on all screen tones and all smart devices and supports all kinds of browsers
All Rights Reserved – Ministry of Health – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ©