MOH News

MOH: COVID-19 Infections Decline by 95%
06 March 2022

​MOH spokesman, Dr. Muhammed Al-Abdulaali, said that the world is still dealing with the spread of COVID-19. However, several countries were able to overcome that difficult phase, and KSA was one of them. A noticeable decline in the number of cases has been observed over the past few weeks, and the curve continues to decline. "We are optimistic about the decline. The number of cases has dropped by 95% since the last wave. In addition, critical cases have declined by 62%,” Dr. Al-Abdulaali said. 


 The Kingdom has adopted several measures that greatly contributed to protecting the society from the spread of the virus. The MOH spokesman praised the vaccination program, as it covered over 99% of the target beneficiaries. He also shed light on the quality of health care - including telemedicine - provided by all educational, security, service, and regulatory agencies, authorities and committees. He also extended his thanks to these facilities for all their efforts. Noteworthy, the main health services included ‘Taakkad’ centers and ‘Tetamman’ clinics, as well as lab tests, and MOH's (937) line. 

Dr. Al-Abdulaali stressed the importance of following ‘Live Well’ Platform as one of the top awareness-raising platforms among individuals of the society. 

More than 61,000,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been received across the Kingdom, and over 24,000,000 people have received two doses. The number of people who have received a booster shot is estimated to be more than 11,000,000. The positive effect of the vaccines can be easily observed, as they have significantly reduced the number of critical cases in KSA.

The MOH spokesman concluded by saying that 225 regular briefings were held thus far, with the participation of the press and several government agencies. Nevertheless, these briefings will change from being held on a regular basis to being held only when necessary. In addition, the daily report of COVID-19 cases will be available online on the MOH Portal

For his part, the MOI spokesman, Lt. Col. Talal Al-Shalhoub, said that with the increase in the immunization and vaccination rates in KSA, the COVID-19 precautionary measures will be lifted starting from Saturday 2 Shaaban 1443AH, corresponding with 5 March 2022, as follows: 

First: Social distancing measures in the Two Holy Mosques and other mosques will no longer be applied; however, wearing face masks will remain mandatory. 

Second: Social distancing measures in all outdoor and indoor areas, activities, and events will no longer be applied. 

Third: Wearing face masks will not be mandatory in outdoor areas; however, wearing them indoors is mandatory. 

Fourth: An approved negative PCR will not be necessary before arriving in the Kingdom. 

Fifth: Travelling to the Kingdom with all kinds of visitor visas requires insurance that covers the costs of COVID-19 treatment during the stay in the Kingdom. 

Sixth: Institutional quarantine and home isolation will no longer be necessary for individuals travelling to the Kingdom.

Seventh: The ban on direct flights to the Kingdom will be lifted, as well as the ban on all flights leaving or arriving in the Kingdom from and to the countries announced in the issued statement.

Al-Shalhoub noted that all individuals leaving the Kingdom should take the booster shot if it has been over 3 months since their second dose, except for individuals under the age of 16, as well as certain other cases, as show on their ‘Tawakklana’ application. 

Last week, 21,144 violations to the COVID-19 precautionary measures were reported, and all violations were handled according to the law and legal action was taken against violators.









Last Update : 14 March 2022 07:28 AM
Reading times :

All Rights Reserved – Ministry of Health – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ©