MOH News
MOH: No Mortalities Reported After Second COVID-19 Vaccine Dose
27 June 2021

MOH spokesman, Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdulaali, stated that fluctuations are still seen in the number of recorded COVID-19 cases. Relative stability in the number of cases in the Kingdom is noticed in most regions, as 1,000 and 1,200 cases are recorded every day. However, these numbers tend to vary from a region to another. This is likely due to the heavy demand on laboratory tests. MOH spokesman stressed the need to continue applying the precautionary measures for the health and safety of everyone, while continuing to take the vaccine. He noted that critical cases follow the curve of recorded confirmed cases.

Moreover, the seasonal influenza vaccine and COVID-19 vaccine do not contravene, so pilgrims intending to perform hajj this year can receive both. Furthermore, people are starting to receive the second dose of the the COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals who did not receive a message containing the date must enter (Sehhaty) application and book an appointment. People over the age of 50 are strongly urged to receive the second dose.

Moreover, the second dose pregnant women receive can be of a different type. Dr. Al-Abdulaali stressed that no mortalities were recorded after the second dose of the vaccine. He also warned against spreading rumors on the vaccine, urging everyone to get their information from official sources. 

On the other hand, WHO has confirmed that Saudi Arabia has one of the world’s best health systems countering the pandemic. “We are honored and proud that the Kingdom is in a top rank in terms of the arrangements and measures taken to counter the pandemic,” Al-Abdulaali said.

Regarding the COVID-19 vaccine in the Kingdom, the total number of doses given at various vaccine centers in the Kingdom is estimated to be 17,208,065. More than 587 centers have provided the vaccine.

Al-Abdulaali revealed that 1218 new COVID-19 cases were reported in the Kingdom, bringing the total cases to 483,221. These include 11,190 active cases, still receiving medical care. Their health status is mostly stable, with the exception of 1,440 critical cases.

The MOH spokesman made this statement in the COVID-19 briefing held on Sunday, with the participation of MOI spokesman, Talal Al-Shalhoub. Al-Abdulaali mentioned that 1252 COVID-19 recoveries were reported, bringing the total number of recoveries to 464,256 to date. And 15 new mortalities were reported, bringing the total mortalities to 7,775.

For his part, the MOI spokesman, Talal Al-Shalhoub, said that since the outbreak of Coronavirus the Saudi government has exerted massive efforts to deal with the pandemic and contain the situation. It had the ultimate goal of preserving and protecting the Saudi society in mind. “We have managed to overcome the painful waves of the pandemic. These waves claimed a lot of lives and threatened millions of people, but our government was able to set the finest examples of awareness and commitment,” Al-Shalhoub stated. 

He stressed the importance of implementing the mandatory MOH-authorized immunization decision, which will be enforced starting from Sunday, 22 Dhul-Hijjah 1442AH, corresponding to 1 August 2021. It involves the following:  Entering any economic, commercial, cultural, entertainment, or sport events or participating in a cultural, scientific, social or entertainment activity requires being vaccinated. Moreover, entering a government or private establishment whether for business or a service, as well as entering any government or private education establishment requires being vaccinated.
 
Last week, 17,818 violations of the precautionary measures were found. Riyadh region had the lion’s share, followed by Makkah. All violations were handled according to the law and legal action was taken against violators. 

In this regard, everyone is urged to adhere to the precautionary and preventive measures in order to preserve public health. All citizens must also take the initiative to report any violations they encounter. 

Al-Shalhoub indicated that an increase in the number of violations that involve illegal gatherings was observed. However, these violations were handled and penalties were applied against involved individuals, including the hosts and guests alike.   several violators of isolation and quarantine were penalized and all legal measures were taken against them.

Violators will have fines worth SAR 200,000 imposed on them, or a prison sentence of 2 years at most. In some cases, both penalties may be applied.
If a violation was repeated, the penalty previously applied would be doubled. 
If the violation was committed by a resident in KSA, they shall be penalized by deportation from the Kingdom. They shall also be permanently prohibited from entering the Kingdom following the application of the penalty. This violation contributes to further spread of the virus, this is why it is important for everyone to have a sense of responsibility and maintain the efforts made to counter the virus. 

Al-Shalhoub emphasized that institutional quarantine procedures are applied to individuals visiting the Kingdom, including domestic workers (non-vaccinated), except for the accompanying domestic workers to whom home quarantine applies; In line with the instructions of MOH. 

Furthermore, security forces are working to support government agencies that oversee the private sector to detect violations of the precautionary measures. These violations could include gatherings that exceed the legal limit (e.g. family gatherings, social gatherings, non-family gatherings, and labor gatherings) or any breaches of isolation and institutional quarantine enforced on individuals arriving into all regions of the Kingdom. They also include violations that occur in resorts or places of public interest. 

Al-Shalhoub called on everyone to adhere to the precautionary and preventive measures and regulations to limit gatherings to prevent the spread of the virus and achieve the main purpose of these protocols, which is making life return to normal. "We call on everyone to receive the vaccine as soon as possible to protect themselves and their community from the pandemic. I ask Allah to save everyone from the effects of the pandemic and put an end to it,” Al-Shalhoub said.





Last Update : 30 June 2021 12:54 PM
Reading times :

All Rights Reserved – Ministry of Health – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ©